- Briefly introduce your brand Mac Cosmetics to us. How long have you been in the African beauty industry?
We have officially been trading in Sub Saharan Africa for since 2014 but my career in African beauty started in South Africa, on the MAC counter in 2011.
- What collection did you work with; and did the theme for the collection influence the makeup look?
We worked with Kate Spade. And just like her clean, sophisticated aesthetic. The makeup was simple and modern featuring beautiful dewy skin and flushes of colour.
- What were your expectations during and after the show?
During was absolutely to see the synergy between the collection and the makeup look. After would have to be the understanding of how people interpret the look to suit their style.
- What is the inspiration behind the looks on the runway?
The inspiration was definitely based on a modern woman with a whimsical girlish enthusiasm about her.
- How can the makeup on the runway be recreated for the everyday person?
The makeup for the show was very much a skin story that speaks to a healthy rejuvenated look. In makeup, this can be translated to perfect coverage foundation and great moisture to match. My ultimate pics are definitely MAC Studio Fix Fluid and a good dose of Fix + hydrating mist.
- When are the looks suitable to wear and for which occasions?
The look is definitely a paired down effortless look suitable for every day. For a night time allure. Just add a second coat of mascara and a red lip.
- What should one take note of when using your products?
A little goes a long way!
Check out some captivating photos from Mac backstage at the ongoing New York Fashion Week!