No one is perfect. The first step to being happy is to feel comfortable in your own skin and your appearance. Hair is a woman’s crown and glory so don’t take it for granted so protect your hair, ladies.
It’s not easy being a lady and it doesn’t get any easier but we have some simple tips to help you manage your hair.
5 best ways to take great care of your natural hair:
* Wash your hair every 2 weeks as the build-up of sweat creates salts which dry the hair causing breakage.
* Always condition the hair after a wash as this softens the hair.
* Treat your hair at least once a month to restore lost hair. There are different types of treatment so be sure to consult with your hairdresser to see what treatment you need.
* Apply a light moisturiser into your hair to keep your hair nourished and moisturised.
* Always scarf your hair when going to bed. This prevents dry rubbing which causes breakage and it also protects your hairstyle which means you need less time for the morning styling.
Top 5 ways to take care of your weaves or caps
* Your weave should not be kept on longer than 4-6 weeks as the build-up of dirt and sweat can cause breakage.
* If you are wearing quality hair extensions, we recommend you wash it weekly. This keeps your hair clean, luscious and shiny. Visit www.kannisbeauty.com for your quality hair extensions.
* If you are wearing a custom unit or wig cap, your hair should always be braided flat underneath to create a flawless look. For a perfect finish when wearing your cap, we recommend you braid your hair in the parting you want to wear the wig.
* Always brush your wig; just because you can remove it doesn’t mean it does not need some TLC.
* Avoid using oils and serums on your weave or cap as the build-up or excessive use of these products weigh the hair down and makes it look unkempt.
Take Pride In Your Appearance, Love Your Hair!
Written by: Mrs. Andria Anderson Adjei
Director of KUB (Kanni’s Undiscovered Beauty) & Kanni’s Crown
Source: Glitz Africa Magazine, Issue 18