Black is beautiful. Black is magical. Black isn’t dirty. Black is rich and unique. Many people like to associate everything black to oppression and violence, but always remember that what it actually stands for is strength and beauty.
Check out these inspiring quotes that will revamp your faith in black beauty.
- “I’m convinced that we black women possess a special indestructible strength that allows us to not only get down, but to get up, get through, and to get over.” – Janet Jackson
- “Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.” – Nikki Giovanni
- “I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.” – India Arie
- The black skin is not a badge of shame but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness.” – Marcus Garvey
- “Just because you are different, doesn’t mean that you have to be rejected.” – Eartha Kitt
6. “I hope that my presence on your screens and in magazines may lead you, young girl on a similar journey that you would feel the validation of your external beauty but also get into the deeper business of being beautiful inside. That there’s no shade in that beauty.” – Lupita Nyong’o
- “I hope my story will inspire you to not only love yourself from the inside-out, but to take a chance on yourself and chase your dreams!”- Kheris Rogers
- “When a man tells a Black woman that she looks mixed as a form of endearment, he’s insinuating that her beauty comes from the (allegedly) non Black part of her. All they’re effectively saying is: You’re too beautiful to just be Black. Oh, but I am. We aren’t beautiful in spite of our Blackness, we are beautiful because of it. So don’t dare try to give the credit to anything else.” –Shayla Pierce
- “Dipped in chocolate, bronzed in elegance, enameled with grace, toasted with beauty. My Lord, she’s a black woman.” –Yosef A.A. Ben-Jochannan