Looking for some easy and healthy family dinner ideas to switch up your weekly routine?
From healthy homemade salad to Ghana jollof rice, these simple dinner recipes will become your new go-to. When you need to feed the family or kids, these are the easy dinner recipes you can turn to from time to time.
Here are some easy healthy dinner ideas:
- Easy vegetable fried rice with baked chicken
- Avocado egg salad
- Carrot chicken soup
- Jollof spaghetti with vegetables and minced meat
- Chicken – veggie wrap
- Greek yoghurt bowl
- Jollof rice with salad and chicken
- Tuna salad
- Plantain with Kontomire / spinach stew
- Yam with egg veggie stew
EASY VEGETABLE FRIED RICE WITH BAKED CHICKEN
Use fresh or leftover white rice for this easy, vegetable – stuffed fried rice recipe.
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (any oil of choice)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- Carrot (peeled and cut into small dice)
- 1 cup of green beans
- Spring onion
- Red and green bell pepper
- Black pepper
- Chicken stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Eggs (optional)
HOW TO MAKE FRIED RICE
To make this homemade fried rice recipe simply;
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, garlic, green beans and season with a salt and black pepper. Sauté for about five minutes or until the carrot and onion chops are soft.
- Add rice, soy sauce and stir until combined. Continue sautéing for an additional three minutes to fry the rice, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in spring onion and bell peppers until combined. Taste and season with extra salt, if needed.
BAKED / GRILLED CHICKEN
Baked chicken thighs are so easy to make with only a few ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the baking sheet with foil.
- Pat chicken dry with tissue.
- In a small bowl, add blended ginger, garlic and onion. Add chicken and then sprinkle spices over the chicken evenly (use any seasoning of your choice).
- Keep the chicken in the fridge for about an hour or overnight.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
By: Ama Boadiwaa
Food blogger/Content Creator
YouTube: Ama boadiwaa
I’m Ama Boadiwaa, a Ghanaian healthy food blogger and a food content creator with the aim to motivate people to make healthy food choices. My blog is for people who love delicious healthy meals or just want to make healthier food choices.
Featured in Glitz Africa Magazine issue 27