A series of global conversations on ICPD25 and the Nairobi commitments
UNFPA Executive Director Dr. Natalia Kanem will be joined by strategic partners representing the private sector, civil society, international institutions, fashion, sport and government to discuss the soft power that partnerships for women’s rights can bring to rebuild a new model for multilateralism. This series will stream live on YouTube on Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
The speakers include:
- Dr. Natalia Kanem – UNFPA Executive Director
- Hon. Pennelope Beckles, MP – Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Trinidad and Tobago
- Dr. Joyce F. Brown – Member, The Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council of the Prada Group; President, The Fashion Institute of Technology
- David Evangelista – Regional President & Managing Director, Europe Eurasia, Special Olympics
- Dr. Daniela Ligiero – Executive Director & CEO, Together for Girls
- Claudia Lumor – Editor-in-Chief, Glitz Africa Magazine, UNFPA Ghana Goodwill Ambassador
- Dr. Sameera Maziad Al Tuwaijri – Global Lead on Population and Development at the Health Nutrition and Population Global Practice, World Bank
The conversations will be moderated by Nia Lyte – Co-Founder, President & CEO, Koyamada International Foundation.
During the Nairobi Summit that celebrated the 25th anniversary of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) in Cairo, this broad spectrum of public and private partners galvanized political and financial momentum to complete the unfinished business of the ICPD Programme of Action. Private sector organizations announced during the event that they would mobilize some $8 billion in combined new pledges to achieve the three transformative results by 2030.
This dialogue will take place the day before the launch of the High-Level Commission on the Nairobi Summit on ICPD25 Follow-up. In this discussion, experts, activists, artists and public officials will offer insights on innovative ways to improve women’s leadership and participation in all spheres of society. They will showcase the power of partnerships to bring to scale change for women and girls, and build more equal and inclusive societies.
There will also be a special performance by Ghanaian young talent, DJ Switch.
The link to the series is: